SENIOR CITIZEN’S DISCOUNT ON ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION
(As mandated by R.A. 9994, otherwise known as “AN ACT GRANTING ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES TO SENIOR CITIZENS)
HOW TO AVAIL:
To qualify, the applicant must be a Filipino citizen, 60 years old and above, a resident of the Philippines and duly registered Member-Customer/Owner (MCO) of PANELCO III. Further, the following conditions and requirements must be observed and complied:
1. The monthly consumption must not exceed one hundred (100) KWH. Residential Senior Citizen MCOs whose consumption shall exceed the 100KWH limit during any month are not entitled to the discount during the month when they exceeded the said limit.
2. The KWH Meter of the residing senior citizen must have been registered in his/her name for a period of not less than one (1) year.
3. The grant of senior citizen discount shall apply per household only regardless of the number of senior citizens residing therein.
4. For residential senior citizen MCO with multiple accounts registered in one name, the discount is only applicable to the household where he/she actually resides.
5. The senior citizen should apply for the discount personally or he/she may apply through an authorized representative and must submit the following requirements:
5.1 For Residential Senior Citizen
a. Proof of age and citizenship
· Birth Certificate or any proof of birth; or
· Valid senior citizen’s ID card issued by the Office of Senior Citizen’s Affair (OSCA) in the city or municipality where the elderly resides; or
· Philippine passport or any government ID card showing proof of age and citizenship (e.g. Driver’s License, Voter’s ID, SSS/GSIS, PRC Card, Postal ID)
b. Proof of Residence
· Barangay Certificate; or
· Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons duly notarized who have known the senior citizen for not less than one (1) year
c. Proof of Billing
· Copy of electric bill in the name of the senior citizen
d. Proof of Authority (if through a representative)
· Valid ID card of the senior citizen and his/her representative; and
· Authorization letter duly signed or thumb-marked by the senior citizen/end-user which shall be valid for a period of one (1) year from the date of issuance
e. Additional Requirement
· Joint undertaking of the owner and the tenant/lessee;
· Other service connection/s within PANELCO III coverage area
· Tax Identification Number (TIN)
· Four (4) copies of 2×2 current ID photo with white background
5.2 For Senior Citizens’ Center and Residential Care Facilities/Institutions or Group Homes:
a. Photocopy of the approved DSWD accreditation; and
b. Barangay Certification that said Senior Citizens’ Center and Residential Care Facilities/Institution must have been in operation for at least six (6) months and indicating therein the number of clients being served; and
c. Proof of billing (copy of electric bill in the name of SCC and RCF/I or GH)
The Senior Citizen or a representative may file the application for the discount at any PANELCO III Office nearest his/her location. The Senior Citizen Discount on electricity consumption availment is renewable every year.