February 20, 2018

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)



1.1 Who is the registered customer? Or Member-Customer-Owner(MCO) 

        One who has an approved and valid service contract duly notarized and filled-up Application for Membership with the Cooperative. The Membership, Subscription and Service Agreement (MSSA) Application and Service Contract (MASC) consist of three (3) pages: original copy for MCO, duplicate copy for ISD and triplicate copy for AO-IFD. This MSSA Form in NOT FOR SALE.

1.2 If I am tenant/lessee, can i be the registered customer? 

        Yes, provided that a signed and duly notarized “JOINT UNDERTAKING” between the owner of the premises/property/building and you as tenant is submitted to PANELCO III. Chapter II, Art. 6 of the Joint Undertaking states that “Provided, further, that the Account Name to be registered in the electric bill is the is the owner c/o the tenant.”


        It is a legal document that binds the owner of the premises/property/building jointly and severally liable with the tenant/registered customer for any unpaid bills incurred by the latter after leaving said premises, in the absence of or insufficiency of the bill deposit.

1.4 Who will tend the Pre-Membership Education Seminar (PMES)? 

        The applicant who will be registered as MCO should attend the PMES in order to be informed of the Cooperative’s electrification program; Financial, Institutional, Technical aspects of operation;duties, obligation,rights and privileges of a MCO. An applicants is required to attend the PMES as a pre-requisite to approval of service application. Representative is prohibited to attend on behalf of the applicant to eliminate complaints that will arise from non attendance of said seminar. The PMES is an education and training provided for an applicant who will be registered as MCO.

1.5 What are my rights and privileges as registered Member-Customer-Owner?

A. Regular Member Every regular member shall enjoy the following rights and privileges:

  1. Avail of the services and/or patronize the products of the Cooperative;
  2. Vote in a district election;
  3. Seek any elective or appointive position as prescribed in the Cooperative By-Laws and Republic Act No. 9520;
  4. Participate in the deliberations of any issues brought during assembly meetings, whether regular or special, and vote on all matter brought before each meeting;
  5. Inspect and examine the books of accounts, the minute books, the share capital register, and other records of the Cooperative during reasonable office hours on business days;
  6. Secure or demand, in writing, for a copy of excerpts from said Cooperative records/ documents pertaining to the account information of the requesting member without charge except the cost of production;
  7. Such other rights and privileges granted assembly.

B. Associate Member
         Every associate member shall enjoy the rights and privileges of a regular member as enumerated above except Nos. 2 and 3 In addition thereto, an associate member has
preference in the payment of interest on share capital and in the distribution of net assets of the Cooperative in case of liquidation.

1.6 What are my duties and responsibilities as registered Member-Customer-Owner?

Every member shall have the following duties and obligations:

  1. Pay electric bill on time together with the necessary installment of his share capital subscription as it falls due and to participate in the capital build-up and savings mobilization
    activities of the Cooperative;
  2. Patronize the Cooperative’s business and services;
  3. Participate in the membership education program Attend and participate in the deliberation of all matters taken during general assembly meeting;
  4. Attend and participate in the deliberation of all matters taken during general assembly;
  5. Observe and abey all lawful orders, decisions, rules and regulations adopted by the Board Directors and the general assembly;
  6. Promote the purposes and objectives of the Cooperative, the success of its business, the are of its members and the Cooperative movement in general.



2.1 What is a kilowatt-hour?

             A kilowatt-hour (symbolized by KWH) is a unit of energy equivalent to one (1) kilowatt of power sustained for one (1) hour. Equally, it is a measure of electrical energy equivalent to a power consumption of 1,000 watts for one (1) hour. For example, a television rated at 100 watts operating for ten (10) hours uses one kilowatt-hour

2.2 How do i read my electric meter? Or watt-hour meter?

         The watt-hour meter installed in your residence, premise, office or establishment is a precision device that measures the electricity consumption of your household or business. It is calibrated and sealed by the PANELCO III representative. Meter seal is provided by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) Reading your electric meter allows you to estimate your electricity cost each month Before, electric meter is mechanical where it has display dials that point to the numbers which represent the electric energy used. The rotating disk in the meter drives the mechanical dials The actual energy consumption is measured by reading the four (4) or five (5) dials on the meter from left to right. At present, electric meters are already electronic. Actual consumption is measured by reading the number shown directly on the digital LCD display. For Current Transformer (CT) Rated Meter, it has a number called a multiplier. There is a need to multiply the number of KWH used by the multiplier to get the final KWH reading.

Two types of Meters:

a. Digital Meter-is a single-phase watthourmeter with fine glass windows indicating the readings. This is the most commonly used electric meter To know your monthly
consumption, read the registered digits from left to right.
b. Clock Type Meter- is a single-phase two-wire meter, round with four or five registry that indicates the reading. Big load consumers preferably use this socket type meter

2.3 Why should coop members protect their own meter?

a. Because any damage to the meler, be it tampering or outside force is a loss to themselves as co-owners of the Coop, and they are even required to pay the damag
part except those caused by natural calamity

b.Because it is the meter owner’s responsibility to see to it that nobody tampers or put jumpers in the meter resulting to heavy power loss for the electric coop

c. And, meter tampening is an offense punishable by Law under Republic Act 7832- the anti-Electricity and Electric Transmission Lines/Materials Pilferage Act of 1994 and
per Board Policy



3.1 How to read your meter? 

Step 1. Stand in front of your meter and look at the dial:s
Step 2. For digital meter, you can see the reading immediately. See illustration below


For 4 dials, read the meter starting from the rightmost dial. First, read Dial D followed
by Dial C, B and A. Write down the numbers that the pointers have passed in each of the four
dials. See illustration beloW

Step 3. Write down your meter’s new reading, which is your “pres the previous reading which can be found in your electric bill. Then
previous reading from the present reading. The difference is the number you consumed since your last billing period.


4.1 When do i receive my electric bill? 

Your electric bill covers a period of 28 to 31 days which is being given or delivered every month to your billing address by the meter reader. Since 2004, the MCOs are receiving their power bills

IMAGENOTE In case of billing complaints, consumer has the nght to pay the bill under protest. Such payment will not be taken as an indication that you agree with
the accuracy of the bill (Magna Carta Chapter I Article 6)

immediately right after the energy consumption is read by the meter reader. This is made possible by the use of the computerized meter reading, on-site billing and distribution scheme.

4.2 When am i supposed to pay my bill? 

Your bill is supposed to be paid within seven (7) days after you have received the Statement of Account (SOA) to avoid penalty charges for late payment.


4.3 How much are the Penalty and Interest Charges for Late Payment?

        All power bills paid beyond the (7) days grace period upon the receipt of the monthly electric bill shall be charged with penalties; however, in case the expiration date falls on Holidays Saturday and Sundays, the penalty charges may be waived if paid on the next working day. The penalty charges are as follows:

If the power bill remains unpaid within a year, a 20% per annum interest charges will be imposed or the above-stated penally charges, whichever is higher.


4.4 Can I pay even without my Statement of Account (SOA) print out?

         Yes, as long as you can give the teller your Account Number. Otherwise, you can proceed to the Consumer Welfare Assistant (CWA) or any Institutional & Financial Division (IFD) Staff to get your Account Number. This is to facilitate the payment transaction and to avoid wrong entry of payment especially for those with the same registered Account Name.


4.5 What should i do when i receive disconnection notice? 

       Visit the nearest PANELCO Ill Collection Office in your area after receiving a disconnection notice and settle your outstanding account immediately to avoid service disconnection. Always bring your current SOA when paying your bill.

4.6 Under what circumstances that disconnection can be suspended?

          Under the law, the electric distribution utlity is not allowed to disconnect your electrio service on any weekday after three o’clock in the afternoon (3:00PM), Saturdays, Sundays and official holidays
For residential consumers, the Magna Carta also stipulates spacial circumstances suspend disconnection of electric service. Such as when one of the permanent occupants of the premises is sick and dependent on a life-support system requiring electricity disconnection may be suspended for a maximum of two (2) months. To qualify for this benefit, you must present a medical certificate attesting that the termination of electricity Sr would be dangerous to the health of the person. Disconnection can also be suspended more than 30 days during a funeral wake of a deceased permanent resident of the premise.

4.7 Why is my electric bill so high? And what should i do to verify if the billing is correct?

          The first thing you need to do is to figure out what is normal. If your bill has spiked ‘so high”, just look at your old bills and see how much your usage has gone up. Look only at the
amount of electricity you used in KWH. Don’t look at the cost, because the cost could have gone up for other reasons, such as an increase in the price or rate of electricity itself.


  • If your KWH usage is similar but the cost is now higher, then the answer as to why is on your bill itself. It is because PANELCO III monthly power rate changes. The rate depends
    on how much the energy was purchased from the supplier and market.
  • Maybe your bill hasn’t gone up but you just think it’s always been too high? In this case, the first thing you can do is to compare your usage to what’s normal. A typical family
    uses 150KWH – 200KWH per month. Your energy requirement might be more than that of a typical family.
  • Let’s say you still think that there’s an unknown reason why your electrical usage has been “so high” recently. In this case, the next thing you should do is to make sure the bill is accurate. Once you received a bill that shows you used 2,000 KWH. when you normally use only 200KWH, take a quick look at your meter to check if the reading is wrong. If the bill does not match the registered energy consumption on your meter please immediately visit the nearest PANELCO II Satellite Omioe in your area and consult your power bill to the IFD Staff for recording of your complaint for appropriate action.
  • What if your meter matches your bill, meaning you were not overcharged, your next step is to verify that your meter is not running normally. Shut off all the breakers and see if
    the meter is still spinning. If the meter  shows electric use even with the breakers turned off (1) is your home a duplex or some other multi-family dwelling? If so, then probably at least
    one of your neighbors circuits is wired into your meter. You should hire an electrician to fixit. (2) if your home is a single-family dwelling and the meter still spins when everything is
    off/unplugged, then your meter is broken. It is highly unusual, but it is possible. Please visit the nearest PANELCO III Office in your area and file a request/complaint to the IFD Staff for
    appropriate action. 


5.1 Why is it that PANELCO III Disconnection Team cuts off electricity service even if the consumer has only one (1) month unpaid power bill?

       The power supplier/s of PANELCO Il demand/s to pay its purchased requirement on time. Otherwise, the supplier’s will cut off our supply franchise area. In order to meet this demand and to prevent the Management is obligated to act accordingly for this specif obligation of all customers or MCOs to pay their power bill on or before its due date.

5.2 When can i request for the refund of my Bill Deposit?

The bill deposit will be refunded within one (1) month fr provided all bills have been paid.

       Should you accumulate thirty-six (36) consecutive months or three (3) consecutive years of good payment record (i.e. you paid your bills on or before due date) and you have no service violations, you may demand for the full refund of the bill deposit even prior to the termination of service. You can file an application for Bill Deposit Refund at any PANELCO III Satellite Office (Area or Collection Office) near your location and will be refunded within one (1) month after PANELCO IlI receives your application for processing, evaluation and approval.

5.3 What if my Bill Deposit has been already refunded but i later i defaulted in paying my succeeding monthly?

You will be required to post another bill deposit which you can only refund upon termination of electric service.

5.4  In what circumstances do i have to relocate my meter? 

For your benefit, safety and to secure accuracy of meter reading, you may ce in your location) in cas the relocation of meter (at the nearest PANELCO IIlSatellite Office in your location) in cases
such as:
a. the meter is not accessible for reading or testing; and
b. renovation or improvements of the premises will make the meter inaccessible

5.5 How can i request for the relocation of my meter? 

You need to file a request to any nearest PANELCO III Satellite Office in your area. through a representative, provide an authorization letter from the registered owner and valid identification card (ID)

a. Upon completion of the required documents, the MCO shall pay the corresponding Cooperative fees:

Inspection         =        100. 00 plus 12% VAT

Meter Seal         =       16.00 plus 12% VAT

b. You will then purchase all the necessary materials to be used. Only the Accredited Electricians are authorized to install those materials.

c. The Power Use Inspector (PUI) will then schedule the inspection. If approved, the PUI will make an Inspection Report and endorse to the concerned Division for the installation of the KWHR Meter.

5.6 How can i apply for Transfer Of KWhr-Meter?

a. The applicant must secure and submit the documentary requirements:

b. The applicant must accomplish a KWHR meter pull out request at the Consumer Welfare Assistant (CWA) of the Institutional and Financial Division (IFD) to be forwarded to the
Technical Division (TD) of the Area Office concerned.

c. The Technical Division will issue a pull out certificate to the applicant after KWHR meter of the latter has been pulled out.

d. The Power Use Inspector (PUI) will conduct inspection

e. The applicant will then pay the following fees: (plus 12% VAT)

Inspection Fee                                                     100.00 (minimum)
Calibration Fee                                                    50.00
Bill Deposit*                                                         500.00 (minimum)
Meter Seal                                                           62.50
Documentation Fee                                             100.00
Service Fee                                                         100.00
Compression Connector – UB214                       241.08
Compression Connector -YHO150                     285.00

Note:-Depends on the number of outlets

f. The inspection report of the PUl together with the connection order shall then be endorsed to the TD of concerned Area Office for appropriate action.


A. VARIABLE RATE CHARGES These are the parts of your electric bill that are pass-through an
non-PANELCO III charges which go to the government, power suppliers and other service

6.1 Generation System Charge.  This is the cost of electricity that the Distribution Utility (DU), such as PANELCO Ill, buys from its suppliers (e.g. Independent Power Producers IPPs and Wholesale Electricity Spot Market- WESM). As a pass-through charge, the DU merely collects this duty for and in behalf of the power generators/suppliers.

6.2 Transmission System Charge. Transmission System Charge. This is the cost of using the transmission lines from Generating Plant up to the substations of DU. It is another pass-through charge by the DU which goes to the transmission company.

6.3 System Loss Charge. This covers the cost of power loss due to technical and non-technical system losses. Similarly a pass-through charge and is both Generation
Transmission related. It represents recovery of the cost of power lost due to technica non-technical which are capped at 13% or actual loss for DU or Electric Cooperative (EC),
whichever is lower.


6.4 Lifeline Discount. Refers to the discount given to marginalized or low-income captive market end-users. Residential customers consuming 0-26KWH based on a 30-day
month period are eligible to this discount. The discount is applied only to the generation transmission, distribution, supply, metering and system loss charges. The discount schedule
is as follows:

0-1 7KWH  =      50%                   20KWH           =    30%
18KWH      =      45%                   21-25KW/H     =     25%
19KWH      =      40%                   26 KWH          =     10%

This is paid by all customers consuming 27KWH and above, and is used to fund the Lifeline Discount.

6.5 Senior Citizen Discount. Refers to the five percent (5%) discount for Senior Citizen perERC Resolution No. 23, Series of 2010. The discount can be availed by Senior Citizen andresidential care facility subject to the Implementing Rules and Regulations issued by ERC This is paid by subsidizing end-users such as non-senior citizen and non-qualified senior citizen except lifeline customers.


6.6 Loan Condonation. Refers to the equivalent reduction in rate due to the setting aside or suspension from the Electric Cooperatives’books of accounts of all their financial obligations
to NEA and other government agencies as a result of PSALM’s assumption of the same


6.7 Value Added Tax (VAT). Refers to pass-on or pass-through charge for tax on generation and transmission rate charges and are collected by the distribution utilities and remitted to
power suppliers (i.e. IPPs, WESM) and transmission company.

6.8 Universal Charge. A fixed charge approved by the ERC and is collected by the DUs and then remitted to the Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corporation (PSALM
This is used to fund the electrification of remote areas not connected to the transmission system and such Missionary Electrification (ME) and Environmental Charge (EC) are
prescribed in the EPIRA Law or R.A. 9136.

6.9 Fit-all Charges (Feed-in Tariff Allowance or”FIT-ALL(Renewable) 

A fixed ERC approved rate which will be given to renewable energy players as an incentive tothe more expensive but less lucrative sector. Renewable energy players solar, wind, o
and small hydro power companies. As mandated by the ERC, Transco would administer the fund after collection.


6.10 Distribution System Charge

This is regulated cost of maintaining the distribution system, which brings power from high voltage transmission to commercial, industrial establishments and to residential end-users.

6.11 Supply Charge 

The cost collection, customer assistance and related services he cost of rendering service to the customers such as billing.

6.12 Metering Charge 

The cost of metering, reading, operating and maintaining of metering facilities.

6.13 RFSC 

      Refers to Re-investment Fund for Sustainable CAPEX (Members’ Contribution for Capital Expenditures) envisioned to fund the amortization of debt service of its indebtedness
associated with the expansion, rehabilitation or upgrading of the existing electric power system of the ECs in accordance with the ERC approved Capital Expenditure Plan.


PANELCO Ill has satellite offices (5 Area Offices and 12 Collection Offices) strategically located in your area to cater payment of electric bills, handling of service application and filing of
requests or complaints or inquiries.

5 Area Offices:

Central Area Office                  :       Mc Arthur Hi-way, Nancayasan, Urdaneta City
Northern Area Office                :      Mc Arthur Hi-way, Bued, Binalonan, Pangasinan
Southern Area Office               :       Tomana West, Rosales, Pangasinan
Eastern Area Office                 :       Trenchera, Tayug, Pangasinan
Southeastern Area Office        :       Caurdanetaan, Umingan, Pangasinan

12 Collection Offices:


A. How Initiated: 

a. Any complaints or requests regarding any aspect of service can be made:

  • by written
  • by telephone
  • by fax
  • by mail or e-mail
  • by walk-in or in person

b. Any consumer / customer / end-user may fill-up request or complaint form made available at the Consumer Welfare Desk in any PANELCO IlIl office nearest your area.

c. Filled-up Request / Complaint shall be submitted to the Consumer Welfare Assistant (CWA) or to any authorized personnel in triplicate and shall provide the following
accurate and complete information:

  • Name of Customer / Consumer / End User or Authorized Representative
  • Contact Number: (Telephone or Cell Phone)
  • Address /Location / Nearest Landmark indicating house number, street name
    and nearest street corner, sitio or purok
  • Pole Number where the kwhmeter is installed Nature of Request/s or Complaint/s

B. Documentary Requirements 

b.1. Requests or Complaints Form to be completed and in some other instances documents may be required:

a. Statement of Account or Official Electric Bill Receipt
Basis for Registered Account Name and Book/Route Account Number

b. Valid Identification with picture, signature and address indicated therein. Example are TIN Card, Driver’s License, SSS, GSIS, PRC Licenses, Firearm Licences, NBI Clearance, Passport,
Senior Citizen’s, PAG-IBIG, Voter’s ID, Postal ID, PANELCO III Membership ID

b.2. Afore-stated documentary requirements shall apply only to requests or complaints related to collection, disconnection, reconnection, meter reading, billing concerns. Other concerns of
emergency in nature shall be exempted from the documentary requirements. 


For power troubles or emergencies in nature, determine what incident or condition you would like to report.

9.1 Leaning/Rotten Pole

  • Pole Type – wood, concrete, steel
  • Pole Number -number written on a small metal plate attached to the pole
  • Pole Attachments – items attached to the pole

9.2 Sagging Wire

  • Primary or Secondary – line wire extends from pole to pole
  • Service Drop-a wire coming from the pole leading into a house

9.3 Fire

  • Location of facility on fire

9.4 Humming Facility

  • Transformer- drum like facility on the pole
  • Wire
  • Metering Cabinet-gray box where some meter or accessories are contained

9.5 Explosion

  • Transformer-blue or gray, drum-like thing attached on the pole
  • Service Drop – wire connected to the pole and into the house
  • Primary Wire – the higher pole wires usually placed in three (3)
  • Secondary Wire – lower pole wires, about 22ft. above and usually connected to a
    distribution transformer

9.6 Broken Meter

  • .Emitting Smoke or Getting Red Hot – turn off the meter circuit breaker, if it is not
    possible, reduce load, then report
  • Humming – if there are sparks or smoke on the meter
  • Stopped – observe if there are sparks coming from the meter and/or it has ceased
    from functioning
  • Running without Load -shut off main switch or circuit breaker and observe if the
    meter still runs

9.7 Sparking Wires

  • Service Drop – a wire coming from the pole leading to the house
  • Primary Wires – wire, usually in batches of three, attached to pole in a very high
  • Secondary Wire – where the service drop is connected/tapped to the distribution

9.8 House Grounded 

  • For safety, turn off the main switch or circuit breaker and find out if there is wire
    touching a part of your house.

9.9 Busted/ Malfunctioning Streetlight

         Find out what is wrong with the streetlight: if it does not light, if it is always o ht
continuously flickers on and off. Identify the pole number of the broken streetlight.

2. Relay all noted details based on the above-cited incident/condition which has caused any power loss and the extent of the interruption
3. Report the incident/condition immediately to PANELCO â…¢ Service Hotline or the concerned
Satellite Office
Provide the necessary data/information:

  • Address/Location of the affected area
  • Nearest Landmark
  • Your name and Contact Number (Landline or Mobile Phone)
  • Pole Number or number of the nearest pole

4. Please ask the name of the Consumer Welfare Assistant (CWA) or the designated employee who received your report. This will be useful in following-up the action taken.

PANELCO III Operation Crew/ Maintenance Lineman will be sent to respond to the situation. Please give your cooperation for speedy resolution of the trouble.


A. Inside a Private Property 

  1. The affected member-customer-owner (MCO) must submit a letter request addressed to
    the General Manager
  2. The letter will be endorsed to the Plans and Designs Division (PDD) of the Engineering
    Services Department (ESD)
  3. The PDD will conduct inspection/line survey
  4.  If request for relocation was found to be reasonable, the PDD will prepare the corresponding
    documentation to be forwarded to the Area Office concerned for implementation.
  5. The expenses will be shouldered by the Cooperative. The implementation, however
    will depend on the availability of materials. To facilitate the activity, the affected party may
    advance payment of materials to be reimbursed later on by the Cooperative.

B. Affected by Road Widening 

  1.  The concerned agency must submit a letter request addressed to the General Manager Attached to the said letter must be the plans and design of the road widening project.
  2. The letter, including the attachments, will be endorsed to the Plans and Designs Division(PDD) of the Engineering Services Department (ESD).
  3. The PDD will conduct inspection/line survey.
  4. The PDD will schedule a coordination meeting with the concerned agency to present the result of the inspection/line survey and to discuss the expenses as well as the
    implementation of the project. The expenses will be shouldered by the requesting party.


I. Implementing Guidelines:

  1. The applicant shall fill-up APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF ACCOUNT NAME Form.
  2. Full payment of outstanding obligations or power bill’s of the former Member-Customer-Owner (MCO)/Subscriber.
  3. Transferee member shall attend a scheduled (one session) Pre-Membership education (PMES) at the Area Offices nearest their location.
  4. The Applicant shall pay the corresponding coop fees:
    1. Membership Fee             –              P100.00 (non-vatable )(for new member)
    2. Documentation Fee       –               P 100.00 + 12.00 (12% vat) = P112.00
  5. The applicant shall submit the following required documents:
         1. Filled-up and signed Application for Membership & Membership, Subscription &
              Service Agreement, if new MCO.
         2. Photocopy of any identification card or document issued by an authorized
              government body with name, address, birthdate, signature and picture
         3. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
         4. Certified True Copy of documents for which the application fall under the following

4.1 The property (house and lot) was acquired/purchased

  • Notarized Deed of Absolute Sale, or
  • Transfer Certificate of Title or Certificate of Land Title or Tax
  • Declaration of Real Property (land/bldg.), or
  • Notarized Affidavit with Waiver (Form available in the office.)

4.2 The former Member-Customer-Owner is deceased.

  • Death Certificate (NSO)
  • Birth Certificate if single or Marriage Contract if married (NSO)
  • Notarized Affidavit with Waiver (Form available in the office.,)

4.3 Inheritance/Donation

  • Deed of Donation
  •  Notarized Affidavit with Waiver (Form available in the office.)

4.4 Transfer of Membership to the Surviving Spouse due to Death of the Other Partner

  • Marriage Contract (NSO)
  • Death Certificate of the Spouse (NSO), or
  • Certification of Award from Authority or Court Decision with
  • Notarized Affidavit with Waiver (Form available in the office.)

4.5 Due to Award, Court Order or Extra Judicial Settlement of Property

  • Certification of Award from Authority or Court Decision with certification of Finality or Extra Extrajudicial Settlement of Property or
  • Notarized Affidavit with Waiver (Form available in the office)

4.6 Change of Occupancy from Old to New Tenant/Lessee

  • Lease Contract
  • Notarized “Joint Undertaking” between the Owner and the tenant, if the name is to be registered under the tenant’s name
    (Form available in the office.)

4.7 Transfer of Membership to Employee as Member-Customer-Owner

  • Notarized Affidavit with Waiver (Form available in the office.)

5. If Application for Change of Account Name is filed by a representative:

  • Written Authorization Letter signed by the Applicant
  • Photocopy of any identification card or document issued by an authorizegovernment body with name, address, birth date, signature and picture of the
    representative & the applicant.

6. Modification of Data due to Wrong Spelling of Name

  • Fill-up Request Form
  • Photocopy of any identification card or document issued by an authorized
    government body with name, address, birth date, signature and picture

7. Modification of Data DUE to change of marital status

  • Fill-up Request Form
  • Marriage Contract (NSO)

II. Terms and Conditions

  1. Any act of concealment of facts made in the application is sufficient ground for the cancellation/termination of membership with the Cooperative and immediate
    disconnection of service without further notice.
  2. Application for Change of Account Name can only be effected if the applicant has complied with the required documents and payment of coop fees set forth for
    his purpose, however, submission of the required documents and payment of coop fees do not guarantee the approval of the application or maybe held pending
    or cancelled, if already approved, should there bea. Protest, conflicting claims of ownership or any legal issue that may be raised involving the subject account, until and unless final
    resolved by the Court or settled amicably by appropriate agency authority
    b.Proven irregularities in the application and documents submitted.
  3. Any alteration in the electrical installation including illegal connection found after the approval of the application for said purpose shall be his/her responsibility
    and that the corresponding penalty thereof shall be on the applicant’s account.


How To Claim: 

        Share Capital is the fund paid by the MCOs being members and at the same time owners of the Cooperative. The law mandates that the members of the Cooperative should make equitable
contributions to the capital required and accept a fair share of the risks and benefits of its undertakings in accordance with the universally accepted cooperative principles. The Share Capital Certificate
manifests the MCO’s ownership of the Cooperative.

       Only those Member-Customer-Owners (MCOs) who have fully paid the total amount of PhP 1,200.00 contribution or a total of twelve (12) shares to the Cooperative are entitled to receive
their corresponding Share Capital Certificates.

In claiming the Share Capital Certificate, the qualified MCO shall go to the PANELCO II Principal Office in Nancayasan, Urdaneta City, Pangasinan at the Institutional Service
(ISD) and present valid ID as well as latest Official Electric Bill Receipt.

If the Share Capital Certificate will be claimed through a representative, the following additional requirements must be presented:

  1. Authorization Letter
  2. Valid ID of the registered MCO (photocopy);
  3. Valid ID of the authorized person (photocopy)

SENIOR CITIZEN’S DISCOUNT ON ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION (As mandated by R.A. 9994 otherwise known as “An Act Granting
Additional Benefits and Privileges to Senior Citizens)
ERC Resolution No. 23-Series of 2010

      To qualifty, the applicant must be a Filipino citizen, 60 years old and above, a resident of the Philippines and duly registered Member-Customer/Owner (MCO) of PANELCO Ill Further, the following conditions and requirements observed and complied

  1. The monthly consumption must not exceed one hundred (100) KWH. Residential Senior Citizen MCOs whose consumption shall exceed the 100KW/H limit during any month are not entitled to the discount when they exceeded the said limit.
  2. The KWH Meter of the residing senior citizen must have been registered in his/her name for a period of not less than one (1) year.
  3. The grant of senior citizen discount shall apply per household only regardles of the number of senior citizens residing therein.
  4. For residential senior citizen MCO with multiple accounts registered in one name, the discount is only applicable to the household where he/she actually resides.
  5. The senior citizen should apply for the discount personally or he/she may apply through an authorized representative and must submit the following requirements:5.1 For Residential Senior Citizen
    a. Proof of age and citizenship

5.1 For Residential Senior Citizen
a. Proof of age and citizenship

  • Birth Certificate or any proof of birth;
  •  Valid senior citizen’s ID card issued by the Office of Senior Citizen’s Affair (OSCA) in the
    city or municipality where the elderly resides; or
  • Philippine passport or any government ID card showing proof of age and citizenship
    (e.g. Driver’s License, Voter’s ID, SSS/GSIS, PRC Card,

b.Proof of Residence

  • Barangay Certificate;o
  • Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons duly notarized who have known the senior
    citizen for not less than one (1) year

c. Proof of Billing

  • Copy of electric bill in the name of the senior citizen

d. Proof of Authority (if through a representative)

  • Valid ID card of the senior citizen and his/her representative; and
  • Authorization letter duly signed or thumb-marked by the senior citizen/end-user which
    shall be valid for a period of one (1) year from the date of issuance

e. Additional Requirement

  • Joint undertaking of the owner and the tenantlessee;
  • Other service connection/s within PANELCO Ill coverage area
  • Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
  • Two (2) copies of 2×2 current ID photo with white background


5.2 For Senior Citizens’ Center and Residential Care Facilities/Institutions or Group Homes:

a. Photocopy of the approved DSWD accreditation; and

b. Barangay Certification that said Senior Citizens’ Center and Residential CareFacilities/institution must have been in operation for at least six (6) months and
indicating therein the number of clients being served; and

c. Proof of billing (copy of electric bill in the name of SCC and RCF/I or GH)


  1.  Kilowat-hour meter registration should be under the name of the applicant for a period of one (1) year upon filling of application.
  2.  In the case of change Name and for transfer of SCC, the duration must be after one (1) year before its effectivity.
  3.  There shall be an annual renewal of Application to continuously avail of the Senior Citizen one (1) year upon filling of application year before its effectivity and / or the SC is still existent at the time of renewal Discount one (1) month before the expiration to ensure its eligibility for the said benefits and/or the SC is still existent at the time of renewal.


         In our homes, electricity runs the lights, television, toaster, and more. It's hard to even imagine what your life would be like without it. It's easy to see what electricity does for us. When you want to use electricity, you plug an electrical appliance, toy, or tool into the tiny holes in an outlet. Does electricity come from these tiny holes? Well, yes and no. Electricity travels in a circuit that begins at a power plant. "we are now enjoying the benefits of the economical servant, ELECTRICITY ..."

power system flow